Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For Lydia

Do they have birthday parties in Heaven?
For the little ones, at least?
So you don't miss your six-year Princess party
dressed in Barbie pink with a purple tiara?
Who is invited, I wonder?
Other children, who never knew earth?
Other littles who left here too early,
their shattered mothers left wondering?
Do you run through the spring fields in Heaven?
Chase butterflies with silk and gold nets?
Are there dandelions to blow in a wish,
fluffy heads riding the breeze?
Is there summertime in Heaven?
Catching fireflies and sipping sweet tea?
Are there porch swings where one day I'll rock you,
as I should have already so often?
How old will you be when I see you?
Or is there even such a thing as age?
Are you a peach-faced little girl now?
Or forever a baby, a little whisper?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I check your blog about once a month to see if you've made any new posts. Usually I check it when I've exhausted everything else to do online and am just looking for something to read to pass the time. For some reason, your blog was the first thing I looked at this morning, which is bizarre because I got on the net for a specific purpose and usually don't do any fun stuff until after homeschooling. I can't believe it has been six years. It seems such a short time ago. Happy Birthday, Lydia.